Below, we show the dates when previous gold contracts went into backwardation. As you can see, it is creeping farther and farther out.
This is a picture of gold availability to the market drying up.
– Apr first backwardated Feb 15, 30 trading days before April 1
– Jun first backwardated Apr 4, 42 trading days before June 1
– Aug first backwardated May 16, 55 trading days before Aug 1
– Oct first backwardated Jul 8, 61 trading days before Oct 1
– Dec first backwardated Jul 31, 67 trading days before Dec 1
https://monetary-metals.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/monetary-metals.png00Keith Weinerhttps://monetary-metals.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/monetary-metals.pngKeith Weiner2013-08-01 01:56:182018-03-07 03:05:16A Picture of Gold Availability Update