Monetary Metals & Co. is growing and we’re looking for our next key hire, Financial Controller. This individual will lead the company’s financial reporting, develop and maintain a system of internal controls to protect client assets, and liaison with independent auditors and external tax advisors to facilitate annual audits and tax returns.
Earn an ounce of gold for finding our next hire!
That’s right! We’re giving an ounce of gold to whoever finds the person we end up hiring for this role! If you think you know the perfect candidate for this role, and you want to earn an ounce of gold, please carefully follow these instructions:
- Forward this link to those you think might be interested in the position.
- If the candidate decides to apply, make sure they mention that you referred them to the position.
If we hire the individual referred, then we will reach out to the referrer to arrange details for how he or she will receive their ounce of gold.
Financial Controller Job Description and Required Skills
We are a high-growth, disruptive company combining monetary theory and technology, with a vision to help the world rediscover the use of gold as money. This individual will bring significant skills to propel us forward on our mission. If you or someone you know is interested, please see below for the full job description and instructions for how to apply. The position is remote or work from home.
- Leadership of the Company’s financial reporting.
- GAAP compliance.
- Maintain a system of internal controls to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Liaison with independent auditors to facilitate the annual audit.
- Liaison with legal counsel to achieve compliance with legal issues impacting financial reporting.
- Responsible for the development of the accounting team including staffing, performance management and training.
- Prepare journal entries and perform detailed account analyses.
- Maintains accounting policy and procedure manual.
- Oversee the month-end and year-end close including preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Liaison with external tax accountant by providing financial statement supporting schedules to support the tax return.
- Meets deadlines for reporting payroll information to external payroll service.
- Timely, accurate billing of revenue.
- Collection of accounts receivable.
- Accuracy and timely payment of vendor obligations.
- AML / KYC compliance.
- Revenue recognition.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong intermediate skills in MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to thrive in the environment of an early-stage company.
- Minimum of five years experience focusing on the job responsibilities listed above.
- Bachelors degree in accounting.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write “Financial Controller Position” in the subject line. And please remember to note who referred you!